Tuesday, September 8, 2009

What, you ask, is a Phat Fighter?

The answer to your question is simple. A Phat fighter is someone who has finally decided to dedicate their energy and life to a change. I use the word Phat, because it means so many different things to different people. I heard the term PHAT used as a catalyst for defining ones self as a beautiful powerful big person. . Pretty Hot and Thick. It sparked a revolution in my mind that blew up to proportions bigger than my own jean sizes! In the past year I went through a mental transformation that has finally allowed me to embark on a journey that has been 29 years in the making.

There is only one truth when it comes to losing weight. If your not mentally prepared for the journey, then your not ready at all. It takes years, sometimes, to prepare yourself for what will be heading your way. Today I've decided to embark on a life changing journey to drop a significant amount of weight. Not because I hate myself and how I look, But because I am finally ready to meet the person inside me that I have spent the better part of the last two years getting to know, love and respect inspite of being overweight.

For myself it begins with self worth. How much do I value myself as a person? Do I love myself? Will I still love myself if I fail? Do I believe in myself? And is the person inside, under all that fat, worth the trials I will have to face in order to meet her? The answer to all of these questions is unequivocally YES!

Lets not get carried away though, I look at myself in the mirror, and I see things I wish desperately to change. If there is one person that reads this and can honestly say they haven't felt that way, then please let me know how that feels. But beyond the things I wish to change, I see things in myself I am also very proud of. The beauty of my face, the intelligence and compassion in my eyes, the curvy line of my hip. I could go on, but I wont. The point is... I COULD. Most people (men and women alike) only focus on the negative about who they are and what they look like. We focus so much on the negative things we see, that we never stop to take a second look at the amazing person we are.

Today I have made a promise to that person I see in the mirror, the person I love and respect. Today I am taking the first steps on a new journey in my life. I will be daily blogging the progress of this journey. I'll also be issuing challenges to anyone who picks up on this and reads it. Challenges to see yourself as a beautiful person who deserves your love and respect. Because only when you love and respect yourself, can you truly make a change in your life.


Todays challenge: Every time you look in the mirror from now on, and you see something about yourself you don't like, Find something you DO like to counter that negative way of thinking. The more you confront your image with positive thought, the more you will start to feel positive about yourself.

1 comment: